There are plenty of ways to optimize your content or site for Google’s rich answer box. Some of the commonly used methods are as follows:
- Identify complex queries and questions: The answers to simple questions are available in abundance across the SERPs. So, find out complex queries related to your niche by using keywords tools such as Google AdWords, SEMRush and Wordstream and write content that specifically answers these questions.
- Engage readers: Your one answer should be suitable for all similar questions. Furthermore, customize your content to suit beginners in your field and use graphs, tables, and step-by-step answer formats to engage the readers.
- Provide Supplemental Information: The users tend to read or follow related questions, so you can answers some similar questions down the page as supplemental information.
- Enhance User Experience: Keep your website well structured and formatted and optimized for mobiles to improve your users’ website experience.
- Select User Searched Topics: Choose topics that are highly searched by users then accordingly provide information about these topics.
- Create Quality Content: Do market research to understand your audience and make a list of questions mostly asked by them and then accordingly create unique and quality content.
- Implement Schema Markup Code: This code allows Google to identify semantic contents in the source code of your site so that it could separate information from your page and use it in the Answer Box.