1.Sperm lysin, the enzymatic substance produced by sperms in mammals is known as
(b) hyaluronic acid
2. Egg development without fertilization is known as
3. After a sperm has penetrated an ovum in the process of fertilization, entry of further sperms is prevented by
(a) condensation of yolk
(b) development of the vitelline membrane
(c) formation of the fertilization membrane
(d) development of the pigment coat
4. In the process of fertilization, this is true
(a) the entry of sperm activates the egg for completing meiosis
(b) only one sperm reaches the egg and enters it
(c) only the acrosome of the sperm enters the egg
(d) two haploid nuclei fuse and immediately divide to produce two nuclei, which are again haploid
5. In rabbits, humans and other placental mammals, fertilization occurs in
(c) fallopian tubes
6. In female mammals, Bartholin’s glands open into the
(a) Fallopian tubes and release a secretion which makes sperms motile
(b) uterus and release a lubricating fluid during the birth of young ones
(c) vestibule and release a lubricating fluid in the vagina
(d) urinary bladder and assist in release of urine
7. This is a minute cell which separates from the animal egg during maturation is known as
(a) Primary oogonia
(b) secondary oogonia
(c) primary spermatogonia
(d) polar bodies
8. The nutritive medium for the ejaculated sperms is given by
(a) fallopian tube
(b) uterine lining
(c) seminal fluid
(d) vaginal fluid
9. This helps in the penetration of the egg by the sperm
(a) fertilization membrane
(c) sperm lysin
10. In a man, sperms move after ejaculation at a rate of nearly
(a) 2 to 4 inches/minute
(b) 2 to 4 mm/minute
(c) 2 to 4 cm/minute
(d) 2 to 4 feet/minute
11. What occurs when egg and sperm fuse?
12.Which among the following is the cell division without growth?
13. ___________ is a term for milk production. a)Lactation b)Parturition c)Menstruation d) Ovulation
14. Hormones that cause uterus to contact are ____________ a)FSHLH b)Prolactin and progesterone c)Estrogen and progesterone d)Oxytocin and prostaglandins View Answer
15. Which hormone is the basis for pregnancy test? a)HCG b)Prolactin c)Estrogen d)Prostaglandins View Answer
16.The lining of uterus to which the embryo implants is called as ______________ a)Coccyx b.Trophoblast c)Yolkplug d) Endometrium
17.The initial step during fertilization is _________________
a)Penetration of sperm into egg b)Fertilizin and antifertilizin reaction c)Formation of fertilization membrane d)Formation of fertilization cone View Answer
18.Fertilization of sperm and ovum takes place in _____________ a)Ampulla of oviduct b)Isthmus of oviduct c)Fimbriae of oviduct d) Uterus
19.The extra embryonic structure that provides nutrition to the embryo is ______________ a)Chorion b)Placenta c)Amnion d)Umblicus
20. Beginning of menstruation is known as _______________ a)Menopause b)Ovulation c)Oogenesis d)Menarche
21. The main function if fimbriae of oviduct are _____________ a)Help in collection of ovum after ovulation b)Make necessary changes in endometrium for implantation c)Release ovum from Graafian follicle d)Help in devilment of embryo
22.The process of delivery of fetus is known as _____________ a)Lactation b)Implantation c)Parturition d) Fertilization
23. In the absence of acrosome the sperm cannot ________________ a)Penetrate into egg b)Get energy c)Get food d)Swim
24.Cells become variable in morphology and function in different regions of the embryo. The process is
25.Human eggs are
26.Egg is liberated from ovary in
(a) secondary oocyte stage
(b) primary oocyte stage
(c) oogonial stage
(d) mature ovum stage.
27.Gonads develop from embryonic
(d) both mesoderm and endoderm.
28.How many sperms are formed from a secondary spermatocyte?
29.Termination of gastrulation is indicated by
(a) obliteration of blastocoel
(b) obliteration of archenteron
(c) closure of blastopore
(d) closure of neural tube.
30.In telolecithal egg the yolk is found
(a) all over the egg
(b) on one side
(c) both the sides
31. Acrosome reaction in sperm is triggered by
(b) release of lysin
(c) influx of Na+
(d) release of fertilizin.
32.Amount of yolk and its distribution are changed in the egg. Which one is affected?
(a) pattern of cleavage
(b) formation of zygote
(c) number of blastomeres
Answer and Explanation:
33.Male hormone is produced in the testis by cells of
34.What is true about cleavage in the fertilized egg in humans?
(a) it starts while the egg is in fallopian tube
(b) it starts when the egg reaches uterus
(c) it is meroblastic
(d) it is identical to the normal mitosis.
35.The extra embryonic membranes of the mammalian embryo are derived from
(b) inner cell mass
(c) formative cells
(d) follicle cells.
36.In the 28 day human ovarian cycle, the ovulation takes place typically on (a) day 14 of the cycle
(b) day 28 of the cycle
(c) day 1 of the cycle
(d) day 5 of the cycle.
37.Coelom derived from blastocoel is known as
38.The mammalian corpus luteum produces
(a) luteotrophic hormone
(b) luteinizing hormone
39 . In an egg, the type of cleavage is determined by
(a) the amount and distribution of yolk
(b) the number of egg membranes
(c) the shape and size of the sperm
(d) the size and location of the nucleus.
40.Fertilizin is a chemical substance produced from
(a) polar bodies
(b) middle piece of sperm
(c) mature eggs
Answer and Explanation:
41. In human beings, the eggs are
42.In the fertile human female, approximately on which day of the menstrual cycle does ovulation take place?
(a) day 14
(b) day 18
(c) day 1
(d) day 8.
Answer and Explanation:
43. The middle piece of the sperm contains
44.Blastopore is the pore of
(d) alimentary canal
45.What is true for cleavage?
(a) size of embryo increases
(b) size of cells decreases
(c) size of cells increases
(d) size of embryo decreases.
46.Grey crescent is the area
(a) at the point of entry of sperm into ovum
(b) Just opposite to the site, of entry of sperm into ovum
(c) at the animal pole
(d) at the vegetal pole.
47.Sertoli cells are regulated by the pituitary hormone known as
48:The fusion of female and male gametes results in
- A. diploid zygote
- B. diploid spores
- C. haploid spores
- D. diploid spores
49: The kind of reproduction which is the result of female and male gametes is called
- A. asexual reproduction
- B. sexual reproduction
- C. fragmented reproduction
- D. propagation reproduction
50:In gametogenesis, the meiosis is undergone on diploid gamete-mother cells to form
- A. diploid egg cells
- B. haploid egg cells
- C. haploid gametes
- D. diploid gametes
51: The process of gametes formation is called
- A. primary oogonia
- B. gametogenesis
- C. cogenesis
- D. spermatogenesis