WordPress user role determines access permission to the users of a WordPress site.
- Administrator: They have full rights over a site.
- Editor: They deal with the content section of a website.
- Author: They only deal with their posts. They can delete their post even after publishing.
- Contributor: A contributor doesn’t have the right to publish their post or page. They need to send it to the administrator for review.
- Subscriber: Users who are subscribed to your site can log in and update their profile.
- Follower: They don’t have any right. They can only read and comment on your post.
- Viewer: They can only read and comment on a post.