- Which of the following rivers is called world’s polluted river?
|Ganga river||Chenab river||Cauvery river||Yamuna river||Answer; a-ganga river|
- Which of the following are the primary causes of water pollution?
|a-plants||b- animals||c- human activities||None of these||answer; c- human activities|
- Which of the following techniques is used for reducing the total dissolved solids in the water?
|osmosis||ion exchange||distilation||both b and c||Answer; d-both b and c|
- which of the following is mainaly responsible for the cause of water pollution?
|afforestaion||oil refineries||paper factories||both b and c||Answer; d- both b and c|
|a-perfumes||b-refrigerators||c-air conditioners||all of the aboves||Answer; d- all of the aboves|
- chloroflorocarbons are nonflame chemicals mainly used in——-?
- What is the health effects of excess fluoride in drinking water ?
|Flourosis||toothaches||lung disease||intestinal infectio||Answer; a- f;ourosis|
- which of the following are water bone disease?
|a-typhoid||b- cholera||c-diarrhoea||all of the aboves||Answer; d- all of the aboves|
- The main sources of arsenic in water are————?
|floods||fertilizers||industrial waste||both b and c||Answer; d- both b and c|
- which of the following is not a waterborne disease?
|measles||typhoid||cholera||d-hepatitis||Answer; a- measles|
- which of the following is the leading cause of death and diseases worldwide?
|Water pollution||Radioactive pollution||Air pollution||Soil pollution||Answer; a- water pollution|
11-which of the following is an indicator of organic water pollution?
|a-BOD||b- PH||c-salinity||d-eutrophication||Answer; a- BOD|
12-types of water pollution are ?
|Sewage||Sediment pollution||Inorganic nutrients||d-all of these||Answer; d- all of these|
13- clear water that support small population are caused ?
|eutrophic||oligotrophic||sedimental pollution||sewage dlains||Answer b- oligotrophic|
14- sewage eutrophication caused?
|Slow floating steam||Sewage runoff||Due to fertilizers||All of these||Answer; d- all of these|
15- excessive amount of suspended soil particals——?
|Water pollution||Sediment pollution||Air pollution||None of these||Answer; b- sediment pollution|
16- industries generates different pollutant like——
|BOD||Toxic components||Toxic metals||All of these||Anwer; d- all of these|
17- streams and rivers are mainly polluted by ————?
|agriculture||industries||pesticides||ground water||Answer; a- agriculture|
18- how many types of metals —–?
|4||3||2||1||Answer ; c- 2|
19- heated water produced during industries processes is released into waterways?
|Thermal pollution||Water pollution||Soil pollution||Air pollution||Answer; a- thermal pollution|
20- minarate incident in jappan caused by toxification of ?
|lead||cadmiam||mercury||zinc||Answer; c- mercury|