Google analytics is a freemium web analytics service of Google that provides you the detailed statistics of the website traffic. It was introduced in November 2005 to track and report the website traffic. It offers you free tools to understand and analyze your customers and business in one place.
It mainly comprises statistics and basic analytical tools capable of monitoring the performance of your site. It tells you various important things about your website like your visitors, their activity, dwell time metrics, incoming keywords or search-terms, etc.
Thus, it helps you take the necessary steps to improve the SEO of your site and online marketing strategies. Anyone with a Google account can use this tool.
The reports generated by Google analytics can be divided into four different types of analysis which are as follows;
- Audience Analysis
- Acquisition Analysis
- Behavior Analysis
- Conversion Analysis
Audience Analysis: It gives you an overview of your visitors. Some of the key benefits of this analysis are as follows;
- It tells you the age, race, gender of your visitors.
- You can find the location and language of visitors.
- You can identify the new visitors and returning visitors.
- You can identify browsers, operating system and the network of visitors.
- You can see Visitors’ activity; the path they follow on your website.
Acquisition Analysis: It helps you to identify the sources from where your website traffic comes. Some key benefits of this analysis are as follows;
- You can track traffic from a paid search such as AdWords.
- You can capture traffic from all channels including referrals.
- You can track social media traffic, hub activity and can follow-up bookmarking sites.
- You can identify from which plug-ins you are getting traffic.
- You can analyze and manage your campaigns.
Behavior Analysis: It helps you monitor users’ behavior. It offers you the following benefits;
- You can generate a content drilldown report which will give you a crucial perspective on site usage and information about landing and exit pages.
- You can measure page timings and user timings which will suggest you the ideal site speed.
- You will know how the users move across your site, what they normally search before arriving at a landing page.
Conversion Analysis: Website conversion analysis is an important part of the SEO process. Every website has a particular goal such as to generate leads, to sell products or services, to increase targeted traffic. When the goal is achieved, it is known as conversion. Some major benefits of this analysis are as follow;
- It enables you to track conversions such as download, check out, buy, etc.
- You will know which of your products the users buy the most.
- You can generate multi-channel funnel reports from conversion paths.
- You can identify which module, platform, and strategy are best for your business.