On page SEO: It means to optimize your website and make some changes in the title, meta tags, structure, robots.txt, etc. It involves optimizing individual web pages and thus improves the ranking and attracts more relevant traffic to your site. It this type of SEO, one can optimize both the content and the HTML source code of a page.
Main aspects of On page SEO are:
- Page Title: It should be relevant, unique and should include your main keywords.
- Meta Descriptions: There should be a Meta description for each webpage, and it must contain relevant keywords for your content.
- Meta Tags: You can add a set of keywords as Meta tags for each of your page.
- URL Structure: You can include search engine friendly URLs for your webpage as it improves crawling. In SEO, shorter URLs containing targeted keywords usually perform better.
- Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.): You can use body tags to break up your content into paragraphs to make it easier to read.
- Keyword Density: You should include relevant keywords in your content but avoid excessively repeating or overusing keywords.
- Image: You can use relevant images within your content to make your page visually more appealing and thus can improve the SEO of your site.
- Internal Linking: You can place links to your other web pages to enhance your website. It enhances navigation and crawling.
Off page SEO: It means optimizing your websites through backlinks, social media promotion, blog submission, press releases submission, etc.
Main aspects of Off page SEO are:
- Social Networking Sites: There are many social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc., where you can create your business page and perform similar tasks to improve the SEO of your site.
- Blogging: You can write a blog for your website, product or service and submit it to niche blog directories, and blog search engines.
- Forum Marketing: You can find online forums related to your site and interact with them by replying to threads, answering questions, offering advice and more.
- Social Bookmarking: You can submit your blog posts and pages to the relevant and popular bookmarking sites like Digg, Delicious, Reddit, etc.
- Link building: You can build external links to your site to bypass your competitors and improve your rank.
- Press Release Submission: You can distribute your press release across various media to get authority backlinks and convey information to the public. It can bring your site on the first page for your keywords.